Become a Private Pilot, Guaranteed!
With our program, you can be on your way to flying your own airplane in practically no time. You will be training with some of the finest instructors in Alaska today, and will work with an instructor for a minimum of three (3) lessons per week in one of our Cessna 172 aircraft. Our guaranteed private pilot program comes with the guarantee that you will finish, granted you do your part to study, show up to scheduled lessons and dedicate yourself to the program. There are many reasons why people quit or cancel flight training, with our program, we remove those barriers and guarantee your completion in writing.
You will train in a relaxed yet structured environment, and we will do everything possible to make it a memorable experience. No prior flight experience is required.
Upon completion of the program, you will be a safe, proficient, and confident Private Pilot. A Private Pilot’s License allows a pilot to fly a single engine airplane under visual flight rules (VFR), referring to visibility of at least three miles, as well as at night. A private pilot may carry passengers but may not be paid for doing so, although the pilot can share operating expenses with the passengers.
Syllabus Based Training
There’s little doubt as to the efficiency of a good syllabus. There are very few part 61 schools that use this type of training. Mostly because it requires dedication between the instructor and the student and they prefer to just take the easy approach and not use one. We believe that the use of a syllabus is the only way to teach and it has many benefits, including:
- Better standardization of both students and instructors. If an instructor has to cancel, another instructor can pick up the lesson and teach it without interruption if he knows where the student is in the program.
- Lower costs for the student. Students are always looking to save money, and there’s nothing more annoying to them than feeling like they are spinning their wheels. With a syllabus, they can monitor their own progress and become more efficient as a result.
- Transparency. Whether we like to admit it or not, there are definitely times when students believe they are being overcharged. A syllabus puts everyone on the same page and allows both instructors and students to defend their decisions. This is especially true when the syllabus has completion standards for each lesson.
Instructors and Location
Flight training at our Palmer and Talkeetna, Alaska campuses will be taught by one of our mature, friendly, and knowledgeable instructors. Our instructors have been in aviation for many years and are Commercial, Instrument, Multi-Engine, including CFI and CFII for fixed wing single and multi-engine aircraft.
Program Details & Cost
The complete program costs is a one time payment of $11,400.00. To ensure your spot on the schedule, we have deposit options that will also grant you access to ground school to begin studying. Download the Getting Started Guide to find our more information. This private pilot training course includes the all flight time and ground instruction to meet the needs of an average student with good English language skills and ability. The following items are also included to ensure student success:
- Rental Aircraft, Dual Instruction, Pre-Solo Test, Solo Flight Time, Ground Instruction, Ground Instruction Test Signoff, Written Knowledge Test, Pre-Check Ride Test Prep, ASA Private Pilot Online Ground School, ASA Part 61 Private Pilot Kit (ASA AirClassics Pilot Briefcase, The Complete Private Pilot by Bob Gardner, The Complete Private Pilot Syllabus, Private Pilot Test Prep book, FAR/AIM book, Visualized Flight Maneuvers Handbook (for High-Wing Aircraft), Private Oral Exam Guide by Michael Hayes, Private Pilot Airman Certification Standards (ACS), Flight Computer (Kit contains E6-B Fiberboard #ASA-E6B-P), Plotter (Kit contains Ultimate Rotating Plotter #ASA-CP-RLX), Pilot Logbook (Kit contains Standard Pilot Logbook #ASA-SP-30), Student Pilot Guide, Alaska Chart Supplement and Anchorage Sectional).
Items Not Included:
- Private Pilot Check Ride (Approximately $800.00) and Written or Check Ride Test Re-Takes Due to Failed Test Results
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS TO PAY FOR FLIGHT SCHOOL?
Our Program is based on industry standard training methods. If the student is studying and applying themselves then passing the required tests are not a problem. However, we reserve the right to cancel the guarantee if the student is not reaching the benchmarks due to lack of study and meeting the minimum requirement to fly at least three (3) lessons per week with each lesson lasting 2 hours.
(907) 746-2290 ∙ Palmer