Private Pilot Certification
Whether you have absolutely no experience with aviation or if you come from a long background in aviation, we can teach you. Specialized to your pace, you will obtain the skills necessary to achieve your FAA Private Pilot Certificate. Our flight training program provided by Fly Around Alaska, includes training in tailwheel is primarily based on self paced training. Average Private Pilot training in Alaska takes around 3 months to complete based on 2-3 flights per week.
General FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Requirements
- Must be 17 years of age
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Must be able to pass a 3rd Class FAA Medical Examination
- Must receive a logbook endorsement from the Authorized Instructor who provided the ground training
- Pass the FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Test (Written) 70% or better
- Must receive flight training and a logbook endorsement from the Authorized Instructor who provided that training stating that the student is prepared for the Practical Test (Check ride)
- Must pass the Private Pilot Practical Test
- 40 hours total time 20 hours dual instruction
- 3 hours cross country
- One flight at least 100 NM distance
- 10 takeoffs and 10 landings at night
- 3 hours flight training with reference only to instruments
- 3 hours in preparation for the practical test
- 10 hours solo
- 5 hours of cross country
- One flight of at least 150 NM distance with full stop landings at 3 airports
- 3 full stop takeoffs and landings at an airport with a control tower
Applicants must receive and log the following minimum flight training: Approximately $8000. Call Fly Around Alaska (907) 733-2255 for details. If you will be arriving from overseas you will need to first request a TSA clearance to train in the USA. You can apply at https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov/. It is not a difficult process, but it can take some time. We recommend that you begin the process sooner rather than later.
Come Fly Around Alaska with us!
(907) 746-2290 ∙ Palmer
(907) 733-2255 ∙ Talkeetna